Friday 31 July 2015

Why I Absolutely Love Everything Tilda

I first started sewing about 3 years ago - before that I hadn't got behind a sewing machine since I left school! I had previously been working with felt & was looking for some pretty fabric to embellish some of my designs & I stumbled across this little beauty and was so intrigued by the brand that had produced this gorgeous fabric that once I found more of the range I was well & truly hooked! 


Initially I bought a couple of fat quarters but fell so in love with the range that I soon realised I had to teach myself how to sew again & promptly bought a sewing machine! I am SO glad I did as it has completely transformed my life from working in the big old corporate world of marketing to turning my hobby into my business!


I bought a couple of the Tilda books and found them so inspirational & easy to follow (if you haven't bought one and have been thinking of getting one I can't recommend them highly enough). By tweaking their designs and as I grew in confidence with my new sewing skills I was learning I began creating my own designs and as I love everything vintage & 'shabby chic' the fabrics worked perfectly with everything I was making & they are such a good quality to work with I've kinda stuck with them! I always get super excited like a kid at Christmas when they bring out their new ranges & they never fail to disappoint. I occasionally buy some other fabrics that compliment the Tilda range and & have a little flirt with the new ones working them in together but ultimately I always go back to Tilda. 

Recently I have started card making again & so for the first time I chose to stick with Tilda and use their papercraft supplies. I think it's their cute, uniquely romantic style that with the addition of a few doilies, some embellishments & rhinestones I am making the best cards I have ever made! Again I can't tell you enough how good the quality is from the card stock through to the glittered embellishment decor packs & 3D stickers - they really are a dream to work with.

Hopefully my passion for this gorgeous brand has rubbed off on you too! You can visit my website to buy Tilda fat quarters, accessories, trims & papercrafts www.sarahssimplyhandmade.co.uk


Sarah X






No comments:

Post a Comment