Monday 3 August 2015

Creating my Dream Craft Room - The Mood Board

In the next month I am about to move out of my current location and move everything back home and I'm super excited about re-creating my craft room at home. I genuinely believe you have to be surrounded by prettiness in order to create it! Inspiring surroundings feed the imagination and help you in your creative process of making beautiful things.

I am going to go with a pastel colour scheme with a touch of rustic - that's if I can resist getting out the paints!! This is a great palette for me I'm not a big fan of bright colours I find the pastels calming and they allow me to think & breathe when I'm surrounded by them!




Lovely pastel pinks, blues, teals, greys are just perfect!

It's not all about the colour palette though it has to be practical too. My craft room at home is tiny really - a spare single bedroom so I am going to have to be economic with my space and look for the best storage solutions so that it doesn't look like a cluttered mess!! More importantly that the messy bits can be hidden away and the pretty bits are what are on show. 


I already have some gorgeous Tilda Tins, a couple of their ribbon holders and other Tilda storage pieces so I'll definitely be including them. The colours work perfectly for what I want and I will be able to hide things away perfectly. I'll need to address some issues though - like how to have SO MANY ribbons at hand without looking a disgraceful tangle of satin - I love the idea from Torie Jayne  (love her book 'Craft Show & Sell' by the way you have to read it if you attend craft fairs and sell your items : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Craft-Show-Sell-Torie-Jayne/dp/1782210423/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1438613304&sr=1-1&keywords=craft+show+and+sell) of using dolly pegs and think that could work for me then I can keep them all in a nice pretty basket and be able to see them at first glance.


As I have a small craft room space I need to look at the walls and how I can use them effectively I'm not sure I'll get as close as this but I definitely love the look ..........


What I do have available though are a pair of these gorgeous rustic heart shelves which I am thinking could look great filled with all my button tubs above my sewing table -  they will be at hand and will look pretty too.


To complete the rustic addition to the room I have some wicker baskets, hampers and trunks that I hope I will have room to squeeze in somewhere! 


This should cover all the essentials, I will need to source some pretty containers for everyday objects - let's face it you can't go to all this trouble trying to create a dream craft room and then just plonk your pens & scissors in just any old containers now can you?!?! 


One thing's for sure my gorgeous Tilda Sewing Box will be on my sewing table!


So there you have it this is the mood board that I will use to keep me focused and create a beautiful place to work as I move everything back home. If you are about to create or even re-create your craft room space I would recommend getting yourself all over the internet and creating your own mood board before you start. We'll see how close I get to this when I assemble the real thing & of course it wouldn't be a proper craft room without some pretty bunting so I'll just need to whip some of that up in my chosen colour palette - pretty pastels! 

Sarah X









No comments:

Post a Comment